Sunday, December 16, 2012

Gleneida December Trolling



I got out and trolled, fly fishing and casted cranks on gleneida today. I had a nice couple of hours out there, rowed 3.3 miles (really a little more but my cell died). I had a pig brown come chasing my lucky craft pointer to the boat, looked to be about 20-21", could of went 4 to 5 pounds. I dont know how it didn't get hooked, it hit my lure, saw the whole thing right next to my boat. It was def very cool to see such a beautiful fish acting like a shark!

I had 3 hits trolling, 2 got off (one felt like a pig, 3 colors down) then i decided to go deep (8 colors) and picked up this nice 5 pound laker. This laker broke my clicking thing on my reel. As i was reeling it in, the click thing fell off, lol. Great looking laker, awesome shoulders on this one. Released it to become a trophy one day.
---
Trip Details:
Surface temp: 41.6 degrees
Name: Gleneida
Activity type: Trolling
Description: -
Total distance: 5.23 km (3.3 mi)
Total time: 3:08:16
Moving time: 2:35:01
Average speed: 1.67 km/h (1.0 mi/h)
Average moving speed: 2.03 km/h (1.3 mi/h)
Max speed: 5.00 km/h (3.1 mi/h)
--
Pictures:



3 comments:

  1. Good to see you get some time out on a reservoir. That laker is a humpback great job. It sucks the brown got away! Really good detail on your fishing report. I'm going to have to try to take more info on my trips.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Manny, really liked that laker. What's your 2013 reservoir fishing goals? Mine is a 12 pound laker and a 10 pound brown! Going big!

      Delete
  2. I would like to catch a walleye out of WB or EB. A Brown above 7lb. A laker above 8lb. A Stripbass (never caught one) I would like to get one on a FlyRod. I would also like to hit the salmon river and Roscoe this 2013. I'm sure I have more goals but this is what comes to mind right now.

    ReplyDelete